Theatrau Sir Gar
Lyric Theatre, King Street, Carmarthen,
Telephone: 0845 2263510
Venue Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
We are a part of Carmarthenshire County Council’s Leisure department and we manage three performing arts venues within the county. Our aim is to bring to the people of Carmarthenshire and beyond a varied programme of arts events across all our theatres. As part of our Leisure department’s motto, More People More Active More Often, we also encourage people to get involved in arts participation whether as part of a local performing amateur company, or classes and workshops.
We manage three unique venues in Carmarthenshire, these being:
- The Ffwrnes, Park Street, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, SA15 3YE
- The Lyric, King Street, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, SA31 1BD
- The Miners’, Wind Street, Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, SA18 3DN
Each theatre is very different in nature, the Ffwrnes is a state-of-the-art venue, the Lyric is a very traditional proscenium arch theatre while the Miners’ is an intimate venue with fantastic acoustics. This gives us the flexibility to put on a varied programme that will appeal to all and this is why we use the slogan ‘something for everyone’.
To enrich, entertain and educate our community through exceptional performances in exceptional settings.
Our vision is to enrich the quality of life in Carmarthenshire by:-
• Presenting innovative & entertaining theatrical performances which are recognized artistically and popularly.
• Engaging and welcoming audiences from all the diverse segments of our community with multi-faceted programming.
• Providing entertainment that fosters appreciation for the arts.
• Inspiring young people to make the arts and being active part of their life.
• Providing opportunities for practitioners, both amateur and professional, to express their art and entertain their audience.
• Encouraging collaborations with organizations that are innovative, effective and mutually beneficial.