Rise Up has been written for general audiences, and school audiences aged 13+. The piece looks at themes of civil rights, nonviolent resistance, inequality, inclusion, American politics, and equality.
Rise Up might particularly appeal to:
• Audiences interested in issues of civil rights and equality
• Local organisations involved in civil rights issues, politics, engagement with young people, Black-led organisations, churches…
• Those who have previously seen films like Selma, The Help, 12 Years A Slave…
• School and college groups; particularly GCSE or A-Level Drama, English, History and Citizenship groups.
• Young people aged 13-18 who are students of Drama, English, History or Citizenship.
• Arts organisations, schools, pupil referral units, youth clubs, community centres and other settings where young people are working towards their Arts Award.