Quarter Life Crisis
About Yolanda Mercy
Soho Theatre: Soho Young Playwrights
Yolanda Mercy was selected by Soho theatre to lead their "Soho Young playwrights". This exciting project taught young people how to write their own plays and culminated with a performance at Soho Theatre, in Spring 2017.
Shakespeare's Globe: Taming of The Shrew
From January-March 2017 The Shakespeare Globe went into production for the "Taming of the Shrew". Yolanda was invited to join the artistic team and stage this enchanting performance.
On The Edge of Me is an Award winning ★★★★ show which was created with the support of Soho theatre, The Rich Mix and Arts Council England. This thought provoking show, was Yolanda's first production fusing live music, audience particiaption, spoken word and storytelling to explore mental health issues (Anxiety/Depression) and Graduate unemployment. This dark comedy has successfully played 15 dates across the UK to audiences at venues such as Soho Theatre, Derby Theatre, Oxford Playhouse and Arena Theatre Wolverhampton.
Click here to see the trailer or here for BSL version
- Acting and writing credits include....
- National Theatre: Divide and Rule
- Bush Theatre: His life matters
- Tamasha and The Migration Museum: Lets cross over
- St James theatre: Gods Of Atlantis
- The Almeida Theatre: The settlers
- Tricycle Theatre: The Kilburn Passion
- The Young Vic: Street Scene
- Arcola theatre: Used Blood junkyard
- Old Vic Tunnels: The Rememberers
- Lyric Hammersmith: Aladdin
- The Globe theatre: A Winters Tale
- Hackney Wick Studios: Young Complicite
- Interchange studios: Macbeth