Memories of Mermaids
Rolemop looks to create an Educational Resource Pack that will accompany the tour that explores the process in which the piece was created (see http://www.rolemop.org.uk/memories-of-mermaids-rdproject for a brief overview of the process). We are also considering an option for educational add-on workshops to run in parallel/tandem with the tour.
- Students studying modern drama, contemporary writing studies, and contemporary media practice.
- Other drama audiences for contemporary and multi-media performance.
- BAME groups and audiences
- Young people aged 12+ (research has shown that theatre suitable for teenagers is under catered for and there is a gap in the programming market for a show like Memories of Mermaids).
- Secondary school groups.
- Targeting cinema groups
- Previous audiences for Black Theatre Live tours
- Core theatre audiences & fans of Rolemop and Kerri McLean's past work.
- Audiences from BAME community groups
- Afro Caribbean elders groups
- Women’s organisations
- Black business i.e. hairdressers, music outlets
- Housing associations/ Homeless charities
- Black History societies
- Caribbean associations
- University faculty and groups
- Elderly peoples luncheon clubs
- Readers groups